I'm getting into the game a bit later than planned, and I'm certainly not competing for prizes - but I will ask those of you out there so inclined to drop by and leave a donation for research. Additionally, if you follow the links you'll find that several other organizations are helping out & even throwing in free stuff. Everyone wins, and hopefully some great research gets accomplished.
Additionally, if you're a man, I'll urge you to get checked at your regular physicals. If you're a woman, remind your male friends. A lot of these things are much easier to treat the earlier they're caught...
EDIT - my donation link is the top one, please take a moment to follow it to Livestrong and leave an amount you feel appropriate. Thanks again.
Prostate Cancer Facts:
- About 240,890 new cases of prostate cancer will be diagnosed in 2011.
- About 33,720 men will die of prostate cancer in 2011.
- About 1 man in 6 will be diagnosed with prostate cancer during his lifetime.
- More than 2 million men in the United States who have been diagnosed with prostate cancer at some point are still alive today.
- Prostate cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death in American men, behind only lung cancer.
- About 1 man in 36 will die of prostate cancer.
Testicular Cancer Facts:
- It most often affects men between ages 20 and 39.
- It affects 8,000 men a year, and kills 390 of them.
- It is the most common form of cancer in men ages 15-34.
- 95% of cases can be cured if detected early.
Finally, my own kilted pic will make an appearance soon, in full spirit of the fun.
Waiting for the picture!
Ok, sweetie, where are the links for *you* to get credit when your readers donate???
Just saw the edit, thanks!
Have you thought about participating in "Movember"?
Post a Comment