“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”


"This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people . . . better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." ~ Captain Malcom Reynolds

Monday, September 19, 2011

'Tis the Nineteenth day of the Ninth month -

And all before the mast know what that means... it's "Talk Like a Pirate Day" yet again!

'twere a fine day aboard me vessel here. I spent the morning watch huddled aft with a master of the use of powder and shot, lining up new techniques and tools to use when storming the fortress of some hapless town for plunder and booty. Then, after the cook rang 8 bells I journeyed briefly ashore to sample the wares lain out by a visiting merchantman. Whilst doing so I had the privilege of encountering some lads from down under who sailed under a winged dagger; it took all of a minute for us to find some shipmates in common and then spend another watch sharing stories and recollections of grand adventures at sea and ashore. Ah, it was a fine thing to be in the company of such men again, and my first mate enjoyed the laughter as well as he heard the comments and imprecations shared liberally between the crews.

Tomorrow 'tis back to sea and various bits of privateering and brigandry as the case may be. For tonight, I leave you with a lively tune:

4 comments:

Dori said...

You, Cap'n Tightpants? Are awesome! Proud to be yer wench!

Rev. Paul said...

That's easily the best pirate post of the day. Huzzah!

Gladorn said...

I now counter with a bit more of a proper shanty. I present to you The Corsairs singing Yo Ho Ho!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgGrUcb8oTE&feature=related

Justthisguy said...

Yarr! Well bugger me over a barrel! I forgot all about it and nobody told me. Some slack-arsed lubber will pay for this, and I'll see the color of his liver!

WV: putor. How did they learn my cat's nickname?