“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”


"This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people . . . better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." ~ Captain Malcom Reynolds

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Planning fail, family win

So yes, I had a whole list of things I was working on today, getting caught up from the week & ready for next week when I will be tied up in training.

Made it almost halfway through when we had someone decide to leave a bit of a suspicious item near a government office here, which turned into a five hour bit of fun what with the call, paperwork, staff reports, etc. Plus I still have to get things ready for a Saturday dog & pony show.

So much for those "to-do" lists... some days you're just happy to tread water, much less swim any.

On the other hand - walked in the door to a loving wife and smiling, laughing children who were thrilled to see me. Followed by kids who behaved and listened and had fun on a dinner out, no arguments during cleanup, bath and bedtime. And now I get to relax in our own home, with a loving family, security, a full stomach and all those other things.

Kind of reminds you of the important bits of perspective.

2 comments:

Dori said...

You failed to mention that the dinner out was you solo with the munchkins...there aren't a whole lot of men out there up for *that* challenge! Way to go, Daddy-O!

Wandering Soul said...

Wow! Congrats on being the cool dad & taking the kids out on your own! :)