“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”


"This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people . . . better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." ~ Captain Malcom Reynolds

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Copying the cool kids


As everyone else is posting pictures of their daily carry knives, I figured I'd join in.

Top one is an Emerson Roadhouse. I've carried one Emerson or another for twenty years now - never had one fail, and it seems to me that his designs keep improving with time. I've used them for daily carry, duty as a cop, and for diving, combat, working on live ordnance, and all sorts of other stuff. In fact, my three "spare" knives happen to be Emersons as well. Quite simply, you get what you pay for.

Bottom is a Hide Away Knives neck knife. This one is purely intended as an "oh-crap" sort of tool, but works perfectly for it. There are other carry options available as well, but I like the neck carry for extremely low profile and access with either hand.

1 comment:

North said...

I have a couple of neck knives, but they tend to move around unde my clothes and go odd places.