“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”


"This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people . . . better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." ~ Captain Malcom Reynolds

Thursday, January 13, 2011

◦Day 03 – Your favorite recent book

Didn't sleep really last night, and have come down with a case of the "Wow, I really don't feel good" to go with it, so staying home today & posting a bit early.

For this one I went with the self-imposed additional limit of it having to have been published within the past year (a number of my recent reads are older, but just now working their way to that spot in the pile). It was a pretty tough choice amongst several candidates, but I am going with Jim Butcher's Changes, the latest complete Dresden novel.

Good plot, excellent character development and dilemmas, and of course a couple of twists. The kind that when you put it down you're annoyed at having to wait for the next installment.

Off to rest now, will catch comments later.

5 comments:

Daddy Hawk said...

Larry Correia's Monster Hunter Vendetta

Josh Kruschke said...

I would have to go with changes to.

Anonymous said...

Strangely enough it was "The Consolation of Philosophy", written by a chap named Boethius in around the year 524.
Fascinating stuff, showing that we haven't changed a bit.

Wandering Soul said...

My answer to #3 ~ "Obsession" by John Douglas

Unknown said...

Hmmmmm... I oddly had never read any Agatha Christie until relatively recently. You'd think a 30 year cop would have.

So, I'm gonna put down And Then There Were None.