- Heat is still out for at least one more day, if not longer. Previous owners, being cheap on some of the upgrades, apparently used an electrician who installed the system with substandard wiring. The lucky part is we avoided a house fire and any associated damage. Unfortunately, this has my tropical wife less than happy as we deal with the minimal circles of warmth our space heaters provide.
- Merlin has a funny one here about the things you don't know before raising children. However, he left out some of the key parts:
- Despite how cynical, tired, and everything else you are on those late night feedings, prepare yourself for the burst of warmth in your heart when a tiny face looks in yours and smiles in wonder at mommy and daddy.
- No matter how educated and experienced you are, see the world in a new way every day as your child asks questions, learns about things, and explores on their own journey.
- Have a really crappy day at work, feel tired and worn out, and have zero desire to relate to any other human - til you walk in the door and are met with the cries of joy and leaps into your arms of young lives who consider you the most wonderful person on the planet.
It has also brought me joys and accomplishments I would have never imagined, and I wouldn't trade it for the world.