“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”


"This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people . . . better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." ~ Captain Malcom Reynolds

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Those of the faith will understand

6 comments:

Dori said...

Yep, looks about right for a functional sociopath...

Gothelittle Rose said...

My husband always just started it up and let it melt off.

I speak in the past because, ever since he learned to sear in a cast iron skillet and bake to temperature from Alton Brown, he stopped using the grill and we finally gave it away.

But he treats that cast iron skillet the way other guys treat their grills. I'm half afraid to use it and I know better than to scrub it out!

Josh Kruschke said...

I'm missing something I didn't see anything funny or ironic in that cartoon. Was there a hidden picture or something?

What is Dori talking about?

Nothing finer than biskets made in a cast iron skillet... mmmmm... mmm.. good.

randompawses said...

Yep, that's my husband too. So long as we can get the propane warm enough to vaporize, he'll grill! Somewhere I have a pic of him knee-deep in snow, flipping burgers.

@ GR: Alton Brown is our "kitchen god"! LOL He has *the best* ideas!

@ Joshkie: Check out the previous post "presented for your amusement" and you'll understand Dori's comment. Captain Tightpants is former Navy EOD, God bless him....

Jon said...

And, current Police EOD :)

Anyway, my grill's still in storage, but thats mostly because my layabout friends and I haven't finished moving my crap yet.

Once its up where it belongs, there will be burgers, brats and steaks aplenty. Cast Iron Skillets are awesome, but I still prefer the grill.

Community RN said...

Dude what does faith have to do with it?? I BBD'd yesterday in a foot of snow!

XD

C.