“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”


"This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people . . . better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." ~ Captain Malcom Reynolds

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

History Evolves

From Peter today, a link to an article discussing new evidence which shows man most likely had a seafaring culture tens of thousands of years earlier than thought.

Beyond the normal interesting aspects of this, I find it curious in that for many years "discredited" researchers have made claims of various strength as to early civilizations which were then inundated through post-ice-age flooding; not to mention the near-universal legends worldwide which point to prior societies. While obviously much of this is questionable, I am of the belief that "traditional" history and archaeology has ignored a great deal of evidence because it doesn't fit in the normal squares & boxes which they wish.

I for one am glad to know there are still plenty of surprises left in the tale of where we came from.

2 comments:

Rev. Paul said...

Let's just say there are a lot more stories in the 'verse than are covered by the cortex. And I love it when the experts get egg on their faces.

Captain Tightpants said...

Absolutely true sir!