“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”


"This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people . . . better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." ~ Captain Malcom Reynolds

Thursday, January 20, 2011

◦Day 10 – A book you thought you wouldn’t like but ended up loving

Again, going to have to come back to this one.

And... even with 24 hours to consider, I honestly can't think of one for this. Maybe it will come to me over the weekend...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

A Study in Scarlet.

This book caused me to become a life-long Sherlock Holmes fan. I read it because it was in one of those Readers Digest Condensed Books from the early 70s. I grabbed the book at random when I was bored and looking through my mother's bookshelf.

Captain Tightpants said...

Interesting choice. I loved all the originals by Sir Doyle, and actually just re-read them last year. One of the fun things is seeing the difference in how they were written as opposed to the "traditional" Basil Rathbone characterization we all grew up with - and which I was glad to see re-imagined in a more fitting manner by Robert Downey.