“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”


"This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people . . . better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." ~ Captain Malcom Reynolds

Saturday, February 11, 2012

When am I?

Ummmm let's see... the calendar thingy is on Saturday, but that doesn't feel right... my poor wife has a look of suffering which implies I've been MIA again... yeah, the past few days have been rough.

After struggling the past month to kick a case of the crud which came home with the kids, this week was taking a decided turn for the worse. As it progressed things started to get more & more out of focus with reality (not really a good thing when trying to work at my job), and I reached the point of saying "ummm maybe I'll go get checked out."

So - off to the Doc-In-A-Box I went, which was an exercise in fun all on its lonesome as I examined the "waiting room from Darwin's rejects" for a couple of hours. Once I finally got in to see the doctor & explained what was going on, a quick examination then turned into a very solidly delivered twenty minute lecture on "you should have come in sooner, don't let it wait so long next time, you should know better" etc. - sinus, ear, respiratory infection and all the associated joys.

After picking up the antibiotics I've spent a good chunk of the past two days in bed, with brief bouts of consciousness and lucidity. I think everything is finally clearing up, which will be a relief to my poor mistreated wife who's been stuck with the munchkins, animals and house all week & minimal support from me. Plus, I have a stack of things this high which I needed to get done for work & that are still waiting...

* * *

We're currently experiencing our first snow of the season (February no less) - almost a blizzard in nature out there... Makes me very glad I'm not working tonight, as the roads and drivers will be nuts.

* * *

And, while I was out of things, it appears that not one but two people went and honored me with an award:




My thanks to Shepherd K and My Daily Kona both for the thought and honor - the delay in response wasn't intentional rudeness!

1) Copy and Paste the award on your blog.
2) Link back to the blogger who gave the award.
3) Pick out five favorite bloggers with less than 200 followers and leave them a comment on their blog to let them know they have received the award.
Tough for me to pick five, and then to pick five who don't have 200 followers, and then to pick five who don't have 200 followers who weren't already nominated! But here's a go at it:

Daddy Bear's Den - even though he was Army, and in Germany.... but seriously - good stuff from another former military guy of my generation.

Egalitarian Misogynistic Rightwing Liberal Anarchistic Screeds
- author Mike Williamson's blog for various thoughts.

Lagniappe's Lair - Former cop, dog lover, shooter - what's not to like?

Old Enough to Know Better - author Steve Perry. Interesting reads on life, martial arts, writing and society.

The Transmogrifier Files
- My reminder that teaching and police work share many of the same customers.

2 comments:

DaddyBear said...

Thanks! Glad you're feeling better.

Jeff said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better. Go anywhere interesting while you were having your out of body experience?
Congrats on the award.