“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”


"This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people . . . better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." ~ Captain Malcom Reynolds

Monday, February 27, 2012

Sod it all

Here's my controversial statement re: Afghanistan.

To hell with them.

We've spent ten years doing our best to help the country; not counting the events of the 80's and the untold billions in aid monies etc. - lives of our men and women sacrificed in a land far from home.

And now, when some prisoners were using Koran copies to write and pass messages, the guards destroyed those Korans in a way accepted by Islam, the populace wants to take out their fury on innocents again - shooting, bombing and otherwise harming those who volunteered to protect and help them?

I say done with them all - completely and totally. Pack everything up, leave by the closest exit and tell them we're not coming back. Make it or fail on your own, since you obviously can't make it with the grownups. Hell, include Pakistan in the same declaration & leave them both to rot.

There's a time to help other countries and a time to take care of our own. They've had their chance.

5 comments:

Meadowlark said...

I know you're not expecting this, but burning in a trash pile is not actually acceptable. For example, The U.S. Flag Code states, "The flag, when it is in such a condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferable by burning." After your flag has been burned, the ashes should be buried. If you cannot burn and bury the flag yourself, then there are several organizations that will retire your flag in a proper and respectful ceremony.

While we may not be a bunch of crazy f***ers, who use it as an excuse to go apesh*t, there's no way we can pretend that a trash pile was a good idea. Someone's a dumbass and now Americans will suffer for it. THINK PEOPLE, THINK.

*Goddess* said...

Oh we can't leave now, we have to REBUILD....mutter, mutter.

Captain Tightpants said...

Meadlowlark - agreed, the trashpile idea wasn't the best, and I wasn't referencing that part. But my overall comment still stands.

Meadowlark said...

Believe me... I wish we'd leave. My son should be there in less than 6 months, with the "conversational skills" to put him waaaay too close to where a mom would like him to be. :(

Phelps said...

I'll allow it.

I would rather win, but if we are going to lose, let's lose sooner than later.