“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”


"This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people . . . better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." ~ Captain Malcom Reynolds

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Peculiar Problems

One of the goals of my mini "dad-cation" this week & last has been to finally finish a few of the miniatures & models I've had sitting about. "All of them" is an impossible task, but at least a few!

Miniatures were last week & went successfully with five completed just in time for game night.

So today I've dedicated myself to two models which are about 90% done, really just needing the painting & detail work to get wrapped up. If I can knock them both out in the next three days I'll be thrilled - since they've both been "in progress" for at least two years...

But, it's led to the peculiar problem of things like "Now which particular green paint did I use on that panel there??? And where is it in my box???"

I suppose there are much worse issues.

4 comments:

Rev. Paul said...

At least you're having fun. Beats the heck out of work.

Julia said...

Pictures of the finished models so we can admire them?!?

Gladorn said...

What miniatures are you painting? For which game?

Captain Tightpants said...

I'll see about getting some pictures up towards the end of the week.

The miniatures are a mix for both D&D and a science-fiction game.