“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”


"This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people . . . better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." ~ Captain Malcom Reynolds

Sunday, February 19, 2012

I have not been assimilated!

So recently I've been in the market for a new tablet... the old laptop was starting to have a few too many issues & I have been wanting something a bit more portable.

I'd looked at the iPad but it just wasn't quite hitting what I wanted in terms of replacing a laptop - great for portable stuff, but not so much for file downloads, word processing etc. I thought I found what I wanted when I looked at a couple of the Android tablets as well, with some offerings that had keyboard docks and such as well.

Well, my wife had also been needing a new laptop to replace her old one which had seen much use and abuse particularly with the munchkins. As she is a die-hard Mac user, I picked her up a Macbook Air for Valentines Day this year as a surprise and let her start moving everything over.

Unfortunately I then started playing with it some as well. The size is nice & convenient, it works as a laptop but turns on & off quickly & isn't burdened with too much bloatware. Good battery life, and seemed to hit all the checkmarks I was looking for. It manages to do what I want from both sides without being too big to carry around.

Then yesterday I managed to fall into a deal on another one. So, despite my years of giving her grief as one of the collective (she's not, but it's funny anyways) - now I have one of the Apple computers too. Don't worry, I'm still employed, have no plans to start hanging out at any Occupy movements or coffee shops, and still use my PC as well - but it does appear this thing will be rather useful.

4 comments:

Phelps said...

Ehh, the people who hate macs are the same breed who insist on railing against someone carrying a glock instead of something invented by browning.

Dori said...

Bwahahahaha!

Michael said...

You know, I was going to say something about macs, but then I realized that the only reason I prefer linux instead is the cost of the hardware. If you got a good deal, then congrats, you got a good computer with an excellent support agreement.

(I highly recommend taking advantage of that support by the way, I've only had good experiences with Apple tech support)

randompawses said...

We're slowly but surely taking over the universe! rotfl