Despite my tone this week, I have a lot to be thankful for:
- A loving family, a wife who tolerates my insanity & two wonderful children who all odds said never would even be born.
- A career I love, one that is relatively free from the risk of downsizing, and that lets me do neat things and get paid for.
- A home, vehicles for the family, clothes, food in the kitchen when I want it, luxuries like computers & books and such which I am able to use for education, relaxation or to share a smile. All of which is free from the threat of government or ruffian seizure at the slightest whim, variables of the seasons or environment, and far more than the majority of people throughout history and even today have been blessed with.
- The pride and memories of fourteen years of serving in the finest military the world has known, learning about myself, traveling the world, and doing things most people only get to dream of. The lessons and self-discipline from this time will forever benefit me.
- The privilege of living in a nation and society where I can speak freely, worship as I choose, defend myself and others, provide for my own happiness and welfare, and have the ability to influence the direction this country goes in. I've seen the alternative & while we are far from perfect we are gifted beyond measure.
So - my thanks to God and the world for these blessings. May your own days be equally gifted.
Just a few ramblings from a confused guy. Former military, former cop. Husband. Father. Student. Role playing gamer, on intermittent weeks. Avid reader. Internet addict. Small "l" libertarian. Too many others to mention. The views and opinions expressed herein are my own, and do not reflect those of any official agency or government or species. Names have been changed to protect the guilty; God protects the innocent as a matter of course.
“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”
"This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people . . . better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." ~ Captain Malcom Reynolds
Thursday, November 25, 2010
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
♥ Happy thanksgiving.... even if it's a month late... silly americans...
Indeed, we are blessed in this country compared to so many others!
Post a Comment