“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”


"This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people . . . better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." ~ Captain Malcom Reynolds

Monday, April 19, 2010

Best laid plans....

You know those days where you say "I'll just go in, do a few things quickly at work, get home early and spend some time with my family & get stuff done around the house?"

Yeah, me either.

Let's see...

Started out with having to change my morning plans to run from one side of the county to the other & back again to pick up some stuff.

Then got stuck in a "short" meeting for longer than planned.

Then rescheduling another meeting because someone got called out of town unexpectedly.

Finally, heading home & stopping to run one errand on the way. When crazy lady has to call in a bomb threat at one of our local establishments. So - I head over there to help the patrol units, plus have to run the dog through just to make sure things are clear. Plus, we have some suspect info to follow up on. And the primary unit is field training a guy, so I take the time to help walk him through the important parts of the report & setting up an interview time and all that. Oh, and going up and pulling the 911 tape of the call and doing all the stuff to get that into evidence.

So - it obviously turned into a much longer day than planned. Thankfully my wife is understanding (not a fan of such days, but at least she understands!) and had some help with the munchkins and was able to plan dinner and such. I was able to be home for dinner, baths and stories so that helped at least. We even managed to sit down in the same room together afterwards and enjoy a movie as we both got work done.

Anyway - tomorrow is a range instruction day, which usually runs long - I'm hoping that things balance out though and I somehow leave early from that... it would be a nice change.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Don't you just love days like that. I've learned you never get off early on the days you want to.

Thank god for the understanding wife :)! she must be a saint!

xx
Jaxs
ps. Story time is always my fav. time to spend with the munchkins!

Texas Ghostrider said...

your short days are always the long ones. Be safe and stay safe!