“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”


"This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people . . . better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." ~ Captain Malcom Reynolds

Saturday, November 22, 2008

More Meme...

This one from CrankyProf:

Here are some rules:

–Share seven random or weird Book Facts about yourself.
–Then tag seven other people.
–Notify the seven others that they have been tagged.

Oddity ahead!

  1. I am literally incapable of reading just one book at a time - at a minimum I will have 3 going at once. I may even take a break from one for a few months due to distractions or boredom, but I can generally pick it back up and not be lost as I continue.
  2. I have read The Lord of the Rings at least once a year since I was twelve years old, and I still find something new each time I read it.
  3. Like several others on this list would say - I often prefer books to real people. They tend to be my little world to escape to when I am stuck at family or social functions I don't feel comfortable or get bored in - you will find me in a quiet corner enjoying myself and being a good boy.
  4. Despite the above, even when I'm reading I tend to have decent situational awareness as it were. This annoyed the holy crap out of a number of teachers in high school, as they tried the "Ah ha, he's not paying attention, ask him a question and embarrass him back into the class." game when I was reading my own stuff out of boredom. After the first couple of rounds of "Sean looks up, calmly answers the question, then looks back to his reading." they usually left me alone.
  5. I can't recall ever being particularly scared or freaked out by a book. Movies yes, dreams yes, real life sure. But even the "scariest" books I've read have not really hit that chord in me ever. Then again, I don't read much in the horror genre, so maybe it's just a lack of exposure.
  6. Due to some bad luck in the past I am horribly loathe to loan out books I love. I will gladly buy someone a copy of something just to share a great story, but I feel like it's parting with a bit of myself to let them take my copy home, no matter what the promises of return.
  7. Almost every book I love has at least a handful of dogeared pages - for a quote I love, a thought that struck a chord, or an idea I would steal if my writing ever progressed beyond "idiot on a keyboard that even the 100 monkeys would mock." I can go back to these marks years later and still tell you what it was that caught my eye.
So I'll be somewhat random with my tags here...

Lovely Wife; Amy; Brigid, Tam; Lawdog; Ambulance Driver; and PJ.

No comments: