Our headline of the night...
"Beavers back in Britain after 400 years"
Though I hadn't realized the whole "personal grooming" thing had been around in England that long, thinking it was mostly a 90's and 00's thing that happened...
Which reminds me of the funniest Crocodile Hunter line episode ever, but I will stop here...
Oh like none of you thought of the innuendo either!
Just a few ramblings from a confused guy. Former military, former cop. Husband. Father. Student. Role playing gamer, on intermittent weeks. Avid reader. Internet addict. Small "l" libertarian. Too many others to mention. The views and opinions expressed herein are my own, and do not reflect those of any official agency or government or species. Names have been changed to protect the guilty; God protects the innocent as a matter of course.
“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”
"This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people . . . better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." ~ Captain Malcom Reynolds
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Seven Random or Weird Book Facts:
(1)As a child I loved the Grimm Fairy Tales, more than about anything. I still have a hardcover edition with lithographs in it.
(2) I have a book on my shelf that I've never read. Some people think it's for show. SPARC Architecture, Assembly Language Programming, and C. It was written by my former father in law. When I open it and attempt to read it I feel beyond stupid and just close it again. I did beat him at dominoes once though.
(3) I got sent to the principals office in middle school for reading a book behind my textbook. Without looking at what it was the teacher dragged me down there, shoved the book at the principal and said "she was READING while I was lecturing".
The book was The Gulag Archipelago by Alexander Solzhenitsyn. Next thing you know I skipped a couple of grades.
(4). There are only about 3 people I will happily loan my books to. I always get them back, and they've been truly enjoyed in the interim.
(5) When I was a teen and my friends were going to parties to drink beer I was going to the library and curling up in a big chair with a book.
(6) I've read Atlas Shrugged at least half a dozen times.
(7) My "coffee table book" is "Mauser - military rifles of the world".
Tagged, Deb, Dennis, Art, Dawn, brothers R and R and MP.
Post a Comment