“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”


"This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people . . . better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." ~ Captain Malcom Reynolds

Monday, November 17, 2008

A better day

Fortunately a friend was able to quickly diagnose and fix the problem with the pipe today, saving me even more aggravation and money - a very unlooked for blessing which I am very grateful for.

I got some good time with each of the kids to play and hang out and let them have fun, which was nice.

Caught up on a chunk of school, which at least put a dent in one half of things.

Cooked a nice dinner which we all were able to sit and enjoy together - a southwestern chicken, rice and veggies for all to partake in.

Got a stack of leaves out front raked, letting us see the sidewalk again.

And spent a bit of quiet time enjoying a movie with my wife before she was able to get to bed early to rest.

So all-in-all, a much better day. Hoping tomorrow shows the same kind of progress.

No comments: