“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”


"This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people . . . better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." ~ Captain Malcom Reynolds

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Random bits

- Spent time helping a friend move today - always a good workout. During which he asked to borrow my pocket knife to cut some tape... and proceeded to cut his finger open as well.

"Dang, I forgot how sharp you keep those. Oops."

Apparently I need a disclaimer with things.

- The first trailer for The Hobbit is out now. While I already see some deviations from the story, I also see stuff I absolutely love. For example - ever since I first read the book when I was 8 or 9, I've imagined how the dwarf's songs sounded during the dinner party... Peter Jackson's version is completely different than I ever imagined, and absolutely 100% perfect. All in all, I have very high hopes for this one.

1 comment:

Gothelittle Rose said...

You know what I love? I love the variation in the dwarves! I love how some of them look typically dwarvish, but some look noble, and some look almost elvish in their fine features, and basically you don't just have a ton of big-nosed Disney characters wandering about.
Thorin actually looks like a prince. Heck he looks more royal than Aragorn! (Which he should.)