“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”


"This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people . . . better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." ~ Captain Malcom Reynolds

Thursday, July 14, 2011

more perspective

So, I was grumpy on getting home tonight - my day's plans got rearranged, to include gaming night missed yet again, working a 17 hour day etc... kind of felt like venting.

Then it occurred to me yet again what a pretty gorram incredible wife I have. In just this week she's dealt with:

- Me skipping out on the family pool trip as I can't do the sun & don't feel like lounging around watching others from the shade.

- Me running off to a memorial service for one person leaving her with the kids, dinner etc.

- Me working a long range day, coming home hot, sweaty & tired, and her making dinner without complaint.

- Another coworker dying & all the drama that involves as both a normal human and a police wife.

- My day getting changed from somewhat normal to said 17-hours; leaving her with kids, house, meals etc. without relief or company.

- Me gone again all day & night Friday on a work trip, again leaving her solo.

All this without complaint and making it all look effortless - just support for our chosen lives & the things that occur.

I'm pretty blessed & lucky she decided to keep me around.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

You notice and you thank her out loud. I'd say she's pretty blessed and lucky too. I sure hope your kids are learning what you're teaching.

Daddy Hawk said...

Sounds like you married up like I did. If it's not imposing, I'd like to offer some free advice. You should set her up with roses and a professional massage post haste.

Rev. Paul said...

What they said. I have a wife like that, too - we're VERY blessed men.

Dori said...

And there went my grumpy mood! :) Right back attcha, Sunshine!

Yes, Suz...unbelievably, unmeasurably blessed. The lot of us.

GunDiva said...

You're both lucky; you for everything you've already stated and her for having a husband who gets it.

Take up Shepherd K's advice :)

DaddyBear said...

Sounds like a keeper to me.

Wandering Soul said...

Yup. You have a pretty awesome wife! :)

Josh Kruschke said...

Does she have a sister?

;-)
Josh

scarlet reynolds said...

I was looking for websites realted to police careers and I came across yours. Anyway, when you are a police officer, no day will be boring unlike what happens in casual work in the office. Instead, you will be running on the streets, patrolling the alleys or investigating crimes.