“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”


"This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people . . . better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." ~ Captain Malcom Reynolds

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A bit more tripblogging

Rest of the flights went ok. Landed safely, picked up the rental car & all that (a black, tinted out Impala - why didn't they just spraypaint "cop" on the side I don't know...)

Hadn't realized how long it had been since I've been out this way. The high desert was almost a shock after being in Virginia for so long. Still, it was a very nice drive down to where I'm at, some lovely scenery and getting to look around.

Nice little small town we're at - hoping to get the chance later this week to explore some of the scenery. First restaurant I tried had the worst steak I've ever paid for, but hopefully we will make a better choice tomorrow night...

Other than that, just surviving and all - the Internet connection is quite slow, so posting may be limited & no pic uploads for now.

3 comments:

Dori said...

I remember the claustrophobic feeling when I moved back from North Dakota...driving under trees again, limited view of the sky...took some getting used to.

Just so you know...Terrible Twos takes on a whole new meaning when it 1) involves a Red Head and 2) said 2-year-old realizes Daddy isn't home. "Pissed off" just doesn't do it justice.

Front Porch Society said...

Dori,
Oh my!! Sounds like you have your hands full with the kids while hubby is gone! *HUGS*

Anonymous said...

Hope the food gets better. And-- poor Dori. But, such troubles you have being so loved. Boo frickin' hoo, yer family adores and misses you;)