“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”


"This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people . . . better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." ~ Captain Malcom Reynolds

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Mixed stuff

Certifying with the dog tomorrow - did the first part on Friday and just finishing up. Amazing to think how much we've learned to work together already, even though of course it will take more time to truly gel. But yes, this week I can finally get out of the training mode & back to some work stuff again. I'd ask for luck, but I'm not worrying about it - he's very good at what he does, and I just have to let him do what he knows how & we will be fine!

Family is doing well - Kyleigh is feeling much better and the last doctor's visit was actually productive. Even sleeping through the night - now if she'd just sleep past 6am everyone would be thrilled, but I'll take what I can get.

Dealing with catching up on school stuff (as usual), paying bills & doing taxes this weekend. I'd ask for an administration post & just ignore the taxes, except we will get a return and I don't want to mess that up...

Got an email from an acquaintance last night. Who has "decided I want to buy a new rifle before they are banned again, what would you recommend?" *EYE ROLLS because this just snuck up on him....* Be that as it may - I've given him some product advice, explained that his budget needs to be increased due to the seller's market right now and all that. Now if anyone can recommend a good store in Texas (DFW area) that actually has stuff in stock so I can send him that way... I'd appreciate it.

T-t-t-that's all folks!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're doing well. Always glad that you take time to keep us posted. Don't know a dealer in DFW, sorry, unless he wants to visit Houston.

Captain Tightpants said...

Email sent sir.

Charissa said...

Good to hear your little one is feeling better.

Also, is it normal to have a gun store and a liquor store all in one? There's a place like that in my mother in law's down with the name "Double Shot Guns and Liquor". There's even a sign on the front admonishing people to unload their guns before entering.

Captain Tightpants said...

No Charissa, that isn't "normal" but a Texas peculiarity I haven't seen anyplace else... personally I wouldn't mix the two - although excellent vices both, they belong separate!