“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”


"This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people . . . better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." ~ Captain Malcom Reynolds

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Today

Woke up and had the privilege of spending the morning with two wonderful, intelligent, beautiful and unexpected blessings of my children; playing & laughing and just getting to be their father while mom went off to do some things she needed.

Bundled them off to spend the night with her parents, who are in town and bravely volunteered to help with the care of the two handfuls.

Took a wonderful nap (this daytime thing is still throwing me), then took care of some of my work stuff preparing for the new job.

Relaxed quietly in the house for a bit.

Took my wife of ten years today to a Spanish tapas bar in town, where we had a great meal that reminded us both of where we met and the life that grew from that point. Then we came home and spent some quiet time together before she went off to a VERY well deserved night of sleep with nothing to wake her before she is ready.

Now I'm sitting quietly, answering a few emails from friends old & new, and listening to music in a home with holiday lights and the warmth of a family.

I have nothing to complain about at all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's nice to hear contentment :)