“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”


"This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people . . . better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." ~ Captain Malcom Reynolds

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Because the week was already going so well...

So about 2am this morning I was sitting at the corner, considering wandering up to bed when... out of the blue... I got that sudden feverish feeling combined with the kind of stomach cramps that made me wonder if death was really that bad of an option.

I spent the next five hours between the couch and the bathroom, and I won't disgust you all with the details you can probably figure out. Right about 730 I felt calm enough that I went up to the bed and spent the day in & out of a coma, with more trips to the bathroom. Unfortunately, this meant my lovely wife got to spend the entire day dealing with both children (and Jacob was in rare form) without any help at all - which I feel horrible about.

Finally made it downstairs & somewhat better a little bit ago, getting to spend some time with the munchkins before bed. Things seem to have calmed down enough that Gatorade & chicken soup are making me feel better, so we shall see how tonight goes...

Yep - I can't blog a decent cop story for crap lately, but you all get all my lovely health tales!

Just hoping the rule of threes doesn't kick in on this week - I don't need any more issues...

1 comment:

Mrs. "Smith" said...

Yuck. Sorry you went through that.