Nothing amazing to share... so just going to do a few bits.
- Dealing w a plumbing crisis at the house for the past couple of days. I can say in all honesty, the fact we have our church pastor stepping in to help with it this week is a blessing beyond words. Since I was getting dangerously close to solving issues using some of my own techniques and tools...
- Health-wise I'm down almost 30 pounds now, which is nice. Had to put a couple more sets of pants and shorts in the "can't wear" pile now. Have an appointment tomorrow at the VA to discuss some of the other things, so we will see how that goes. Probably will be a long-term thing but we shall see.
- Officially, in blunt language, Feinstein can kiss my ass. PTSD is nothing "new" to Iraq; and not every PTSD sufferer is a ticking time bomb waiting to snap and slaughter people. Another example of many of stupid people shaping things to their message.
- Since I leave on a work trip next weekend I have to get a number of things caught up this week in advance - hoping that work, and the citizens etc cooperate and make that easy. Especially so I don't leave the wife swamped with more than she already so graciously deals with...
- Let me say that I'm ready for winter to be over. If we had mountains and real snow it would be one thing, but cold and humid for months on end is getting old.
Otherwise - my brain is all over the place and not focusing as it should, so I'll leave the post at this.
Just a few ramblings from a confused guy. Former military, former cop. Husband. Father. Student. Role playing gamer, on intermittent weeks. Avid reader. Internet addict. Small "l" libertarian. Too many others to mention. The views and opinions expressed herein are my own, and do not reflect those of any official agency or government or species. Names have been changed to protect the guilty; God protects the innocent as a matter of course.
“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”
"This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people . . . better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." ~ Captain Malcom Reynolds
Sunday, March 10, 2013
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Glad to hear your health progress. Feinstein is an idiot. I'm with you on the weather. Right now I have water running down and a lake for a yard. UGH
Concur with all, and Feinstein just needs to go away... And congrats on the weight loss!
Post a Comment