“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”


"This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people . . . better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." ~ Captain Malcom Reynolds

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Humor

My lovely wife and I don't watch television much - a couple of shows now & then, but certainly nothing regular. One of the benefits of this is that we avoid modern commercials as much as possible, thus saving our gag reflex...

However, every now & again we will turn on one of the music video channels as we relax in the evening, watching the ones that catch our eyes and usually ignoring the interludes.

The infomercials get us every time though - I swear, it's like they want us to mock them. Does anyone else have that experience?

2 comments:

Rev. Paul said...

They don't care if they're mocked - the important thing (to them) is to be seen and remembered.

Melissa said...

Sorry to necro-post, but YES, I can relate. Ask my husband - every morning during the drive down to the train station, my middle finger gets a workout and the radio gets offended. It's the engagement ring ads that irritate me the most - no, your love is NOT summed up by a shiny rock, nor is a proposal the pinnacle of your entire life!