“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”


"This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people . . . better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." ~ Captain Malcom Reynolds

Monday, January 25, 2010

More fun with drunks

I'm apparently operating under some kind of curse lately - it seems that I can go all night looking and not find anything even worth stopping, then right when it's time to start winding my evening down I get my drunk. Last weekend was no different. Heck, it got to the point I thought about stopping a cop car just to see if my blue lights still worked...

Anyway, I did manage to get one at the end of the evening. Young kid who managed to wreck his car on the way home - fortunately no one got hurt.

I couldn't decide if the sadder part was the fact his B.A.C. was well over his age; or the fact that it was obvious from his behavior this was far from his first drunk...

1 comment:

Front Porch Society said...

Double sad. And he'll probably be right back out there again next weekend drinking and driving, thinking he won't get caught again. What is it with kids these days....or drunk drivers, period....thinking they can get behind the wheel while being intoxicated and actually drive!?! I just wanna smack them all!

You go get those drunks for me!! :)