“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”


"This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people . . . better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." ~ Captain Malcom Reynolds

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Today's gun safety note

For the shooters out there - from today's class at the range.

Yes a .40 S&W round will chamber in a .45 ACP pistol - it will even fire. However, said casing will rupture and fail to extract afterwards, necessitating a manual punch with a rod.

Fortunately for the shooters no one was hurt by this.

Pay attention when loading - sometimes rounds get mixed up folks.

2 comments:

Front Porch Society said...

Geez! Even I always double check what ammo I am loading into which gun!! *shaking my head* But I guess....thankfully nobody was hurt.

Anonymous said...

I keep the different calibers as far apart as possible on the range and, just to be sure, in storage. (Wouldn't want to grab the wrong box or can, after all.)