“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”


"This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people . . . better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." ~ Captain Malcom Reynolds

Thursday, May 14, 2009

A guilty confession...

For years now I've pretty much not liked television. I worked in the industry for a bit when younger, which exposed me to way too many hours & then spending 6 years overseas where I didn't have it I got out of the habit of watching shows even more. Sure, there is stuff I like now & then, but on the whole I don't "follow" shows. The past two that I've been remotely interested in (as in I catch a download when I can, but don't sweat it if I miss one or fall behind) are Burn Notice and Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

Well, the bastards at Comedy Central sucked me in - particularly with the ability to watch episodes when I want, as opposed to being stuck to "their" hours...

Krod Mandoon and the Flaming Sword of Fire.

This is the funniest freaking thing I have seen in years! Particularly since I am seeing just about all the cliched junk from any campaign of D&D run by teenage boys throughout the past 20 years of gaming. The characters are amusing and the show is good about not taking itself seriously as it pokes some fun at all the fantasy archetypes.

Give it a try.

No comments: