“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”


"This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people . . . better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." ~ Captain Malcom Reynolds

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Attack of the hellspawn...

With the wife off at a Running Kids event for the weekend, I am home alone with our two lovely children...

Who decided today was the day to go into full demon-brood mode, and test daddy's patience to the limit.

I tried, really - fed, dressed all that stuff appropriately. Went to the park to burn off energy, got them fresh groceries and kept them busy. It still didn't help.

A short, fussy nap from the little one - no quiet time at all from the big one. This after both woke up late last night & got up way too early this morning.

Numerous spilled drinks, a full thing of yogurt thrown across the dining room, and refused food, no matter what I chose or offered.

Potty accidents from the eldest, despite months of no issues.

Fights with each other, refusal to comply with the simplest of requests. My constant chorus of "No," "Stop that," "Don't do that," etc. throughout the day met with glances from both of them readily interpreted as "Oh, we can push him still farther, keep going!" I swear, my voice is about shot now.

The eldest trying a cooking experiment of mixing a full spice jar with some of his candy, to try and make something like my cinnamon-flavored Hot Tamales.

Water & toys dumped from the bathtub all over the floor.

Thankfully, the only thing they didn't fight was bedtime - apparently they were worn out too.

I honestly don't know how she does this every single day & doesn't go mad - plus all the cleaning and other stuff she does to keep the house up while I have a relatively easy time at work.

I love my little ones to death, but does anyone know an exorcist who works cheap? I'm dreading what they have planned tomorrow!

4 comments:

Front Porch Society said...

Glad I don't have kids!! :)
Sounds like you had quite the day and the kids may have scored the first round. lol. Hang in there!

Dori said...

Because they are not *that* every day! Walls still standing, everyone still walking...I call that a good day! Way to go, Daddy-O!

Meadowlark said...

Late to the party, but I wonder what makes you think she *hasn't* gone mad?

;)

Christa M. Miller said...

I need to show this to my husband. He thinks it's just our kids that do this!

Oh, and neither of us can take it for long either. Whenever possible, we try to divide and conquer. Which is, um, interesting when you're self-employed...