“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”


"This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people . . . better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." ~ Captain Malcom Reynolds

Saturday, March 22, 2008

I Guess It Still Works...

Tonight I did a little overtime gig with one of my coworkers where we went out hunting druggies and such to bust - we played with it some last summer with good results, but hadn't had a chance since then. I've been tied up with recruits to train, and both of our schedules also just got kind of full. Fortunately though the new boss gave us permission to play again & we promised him good results.

Well, apparently we can still do it.

We started out with ID'ing some folks in one of our problem areas - no biggie but it keeps the bosses happy... then we went and caught a guy who had just tried shoplifting from stuff, and kept a hold of him til the uniformed guys working tonight could show up.

Then we decided it was time to play - went to one of our target spots, and the first car we see pulling out has all the signs... so we go ahead with the stop. I won't go into all the details, but the guy would have been better off just handing us his drugs, telling us where he sold them regularly and putting the cuffs on for us - it couldn't have been gift wrapped anymore.

So, first time in a while I got out to stretch my legs again as it were, and we scored right out of the gate. Nice to know that we can still perform well together, and that I haven't lost all my skills through lack of use.

K done talking good about myself, just felt like sharing! I'm going to go work on sleeping off this cold now so that I feel like normal police work tomorrow.

No comments: