“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”


"This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people . . . better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." ~ Captain Malcom Reynolds

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Moments from another DUI hunt

Have to love when 5 hour overtime specials turn into almost that... it will help with the family vacation money at least! Plus, I always love the fun of people realizing that yes, that big white marked truck will stop you and arrest you when need be.

- You're really hurting the defense against your arrest when the very first part of my testimony has to do with watching you drink the beer as you drive slowly right in front of me.

- Even if you suddenly lose the ability to speak English once we start down the DUI road, trust me I'm still going to get enough to convict you.

- Just about 100% of the time people who say any variation of "You can't arrest me!" during a stop are about to be unpleasantly surprised.

- Your decision to refuse to take the breath test isn't really going to break my heart. I get another charge out of it, and the joy of seeing you lose your license for a year.

Finally - while I'm as open-minded as the next guy, who in the hell decided keeping a nine-inch sex toy in their glove box was a good idea? The purse I could at least comprehend - but just sitting there in the car 24/7 getting dirty? And people wonder why I wear gloves during searches...

1 comment:

Angela said...

LOL!! I'm not sure I want to know why someone would keep a sex toy in the glove box....

I'm not sure I want to know how you knew it was 9 inches....

xx
Jaxs