“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”


"This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people . . . better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." ~ Captain Malcom Reynolds

Monday, July 12, 2010

Innocence preserved

Jacob and I were having one of the near-endless conversations about Star Wars (his favorite movies of all time TYVM) during Kyleigh's naptime. During which he asked why Darth Vader's ship had looked different, along with some related question. My simple response being "Well, that's because he was the bad guy."

With the utter seriousness and conviction only a toddler can manage Jacob looked at me and replied "No, he was a daddy. And daddies are good guys, not bad guys." as he turned back to his play, having set me straight.

Someday my son will unfortunately learn that not all fathers are good, and that none of us are perfect. But for now I'm going to be happy with his innocence, and feel a bit better about the job I'm doing raising my kids.

3 comments:

Gothelittle Rose said...

Darth Vader flies a TIE advanced x1, which is why it looked different. It made sense to put him in the advanced fighter, because he's a superb pilot.

Unknown said...

Ah, the moments.

Courtney Breul said...

Aww. If only it could be like that.