“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”


"This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people . . . better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." ~ Captain Malcom Reynolds

Thursday, March 31, 2022

Tattletales

 Tonight I landed in *namaeless Stateside airport* and my coworker and I stopped for a bite to eat after the long day. 

While walking to select a table I passed a group of five exiting gentlemen who caught my eye. 

All reasonably fit. Muted browns/greys/dull colors. 

Slightly long-ish hair, forearm tats, and Oakleys. 

Either muted t-shirts or logos for obscure yet in-the-know brands.

Two with identical, front-worn "fanny-packs".

Come on, guys. I thought we sorted out "grey" a bit better... Because I called the group as soon as I walked in.


Fair disclosure, I have many similar tells too... 

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

ROTFLMAO! It takes one to know one...