“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”


"This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people . . . better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." ~ Captain Malcom Reynolds

Friday, April 3, 2020

Quarantine World Update

So many things in the world right now, and I'm smart enough to not be an expert on any of them...

Anyway - all surviving in my clan, despite the current issues. I'm finishing up a voluntary self-quarantine work offered to minimize the potential for exposure or spread of the virus. The next hope is that upon returning to work I don't *then* become exposed and bring it home.

Financially - we're fortunate in that for the moment my job and income are stable. Literally millions in this country aren't that lucky right now. I can't fix all the problems, but I am being conscious about some local opportunities to help those who are in a tough spot. Here's hoping those of you who are able are doing the same; and for those who are hurting, that some of these promised resources nationwide make it to you.

I don't have a magic crystal ball predicting how this will end for my family, tribe, nation or the world. But, I do have a feeling this is going to end up with an increased push for, and reliance on the local community to look out for each other. I think that may be a good thing, in the long run.

And, while a part of me would love to see life go back to normal tomorrow, the increased time online has resulted in some truly great snark ending up online. Tam, Correa, and Williamson in particular have gotten a number of needed laughs.

Stay safe out there, as best you can.

No comments: