“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”


"This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people . . . better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." ~ Captain Malcom Reynolds

Friday, June 1, 2012

Desperate Help Needed

I rarely use this platform to beg for money, but this is a critical situation.

Not for me. For an incredible man. Taylor Morris, a twenty-three year old Navy EOD technician was critically wounded last month in Afghanistan. Rather than letting his team mates be injured he lay there, conscious and bleeding, until the area was clear. Go here and read the whole story.

Taylor lost all four of his limbs in this explosion. He is facing a life none of us could imagine - and doing it with a level of courage which goes beyond humbling.

The man dreams of a cabin in the woods to share with his girlfriend as they grow old.

By God, this man deserves the best gorram cabin ever built.

Taylor's family has set up a website about his life and injuries.

Skip lunch out today. Don't buy that magazine, or download that song. I don't care if you only give a dollar, but I'm asking - no, I'm begging - every one of my readers to give SOMETHING before this weekend is out.

Let us show Taylor and his family just how grateful we are that such men exist, and let us repay just a fraction of the debt we owe him.


EDIT: The paypal link originally posted has been changed. If you wish to donate to the Taylor Morris trust please visit the family website & they have numerous ways you can do so. Thanks to Mr. B for pointing this out.

John 15:13 "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his brothers."

4 comments:

Sigboy said...

Done

Carteach said...

For a number of reasons... donation made.

Anonymous said...

Wish I could help, financially. Sadly, I cannot.
BUT, I did copy and link to your post in order that a slightly wider audience is reached.

gfa

Christina RN LMT said...

Done. Nobody deserves it more.