Continuing a tradition, I took advantage of some overtime money last night to work a DUI patrol. My wife & I aren't exactly out partying anyway, and the extra cash is always nice.
- What is it with the ghetto and firing your guns in the air at midnight for fireworks? I swear, I thought I was back in the middle east...
- On the whole, the vast majority of people were polite, friendly and sober - which I view as a success all around. I didn't write any b.s. tickets, and most seemed grateful for our efforts.
- There are however still an amazing amount of people who don't seem to care that they don't have a license or insurance when they drive, and yet get all pissy when I tow their car.
- Yes, when you almost hit my big, marked police truck because you're driving like a fool, I will most likely stop you. And when I find out you're drunk (big surprise) it's off you go... thanks for the gift-wrapped one.
- I really hate drunks who turn into big crybabies when I put the handcuffs on - I'm ruining their life, can't I cut them a break, it's not fair etc. etc. Actually, I just saved you. Saved you from hurting or killing yourself, or someone else's loved one. Saved you from dealing with that for the rest of your life. So man up, take your lumps, and think about who made the decisions that got you here tonight.
Just a few ramblings from a confused guy. Former military, former cop. Husband. Father. Student. Role playing gamer, on intermittent weeks. Avid reader. Internet addict. Small "l" libertarian. Too many others to mention. The views and opinions expressed herein are my own, and do not reflect those of any official agency or government or species. Names have been changed to protect the guilty; God protects the innocent as a matter of course.
“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”
"This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people . . . better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." ~ Captain Malcom Reynolds
Sunday, January 1, 2012
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
So very true. Thanks for being out there and have a great 2012.
Happy New Year, and thanks for putting in the time.
Well written! Keep up the good work and stay safe!! There are a bunch of us that know you are too good to lose!
Post a Comment