“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”


"This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people . . . better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." ~ Captain Malcom Reynolds

Thursday, August 25, 2011

A Worthy Cause

I've written before about Wounded Warriors and their mission to help with the healing of military members and their families following injuries.

The organization has now purchased a retreat in the mountains of Virginia, solely intended as a location for these people to be able to stay in a relaxing setting for a period of time and enjoy life in the country - particularly for those junior enlisted members who are financially struggling.

Please consider taking a moment to provide a small donation for the Boulder Crest Retreat - I will be doing so myself. Also, if you know of any organizations seeking a good charitable donation please steer them this way.

Thanks.


2 comments:

Carteach said...

I'm going to go a bit further than a donation, which I also recently did. I'm setting up to do a fund raising raffle on my shooting blog (http://carteach0.blogspot.com/) with the money going straight to The Wounded Warrior Project. So 'straight' in fact, that I won't handle any money at all. I'll use the donation receipt the project sends to donors as entries into the contest.

I already have a few products/prizes from Laserlyte and BLACKHAWK!, and more coming.

The costs of shipping and such I will pay out of pocket, and I'll contribute a few fitting pieces of the silver jewelry I make to the prize pool as well.

Look for it to be up and running in about a week, and I'll let it go for a month before I do the drawings on video posted to the blog.

The whole idea for it literally happened last night... but I am real excited about doing it.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.