“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”


"This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people . . . better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." ~ Captain Malcom Reynolds

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Do people not read?

I've noticed an increasing trend over the past few months of mine and other DUI arrests for people completely out of their gourd on medications. Not illegal stuff, just prescription stuff they have no business trying to do more than operate a TV remote on, much less drive a car.

And usually mixed up in combinations that would make a college street-pharmacology major proud...

Do people just not read warning labels or listen to their doctors anymore? I mean, I have simple stuff I take and it has more labels on it than most appliances - I've seen the warnings on the stuff you can't drive on!

My favorite recent quote on it was this:
"Didn't they say anything about not driving when you take this stuff?"
"Oh yeah, but it doesn't affect my driving at all, so I didn't stop."

This from the guy who just backed his vehicle 30 feet into a wooded ditch between highways at speed...

3 comments:

Berserk said...

Every ticket I give is for stupid.

Unknown said...

Gotta love "stupid" drivers! Or NOT !

Sean Galt said...

Maybe if Docs issued the drug interaction warnings in the form of coloring books...