“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”


"This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people . . . better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." ~ Captain Malcom Reynolds

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Sometimes dumb just ain't enough.....

For the gods first mock those who do not snark... or something like that.

Yep - payback for my whole "up on a soapbox lecture everyone on what to do" yesterday was another verse, more annoying than the first...

I seriously tried to give this guy EVERY chance to avoid taking a ride last night. Really.

Told to go inside and sleep it off instead of getting busted for acting up in the yard & street.

Even given a ride to a friend's house to sleep it off.

VERY clearly explaining the break that he was getting, that I just wasn't in the mood for a little public intoxication arrest - just go inside and be quiet and call it a night.

Instead... who do I run into passed out in the driver's seat a short time later, because he just HAD to have his truck that night...

Seriously... I don't know how the race survives with this kind of instinct.

The guy took a simple "go inside" and turned it into a full-blown DUI, all because he wanted to be stubborn...

Ah well, at least I have job security.

2 comments:

Dori said...

Stupid bad. Job security good. How else am I to be maintained in this lifestyle with which I have become so accustomed to?!

Dori said...

Oh, and the Dog Fish Indian Brown is pretty tasty--fine choice!