“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”


"This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people . . . better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." ~ Captain Malcom Reynolds

Friday, January 2, 2009

Friday evening

Still working on adjusting to this daytime thing - so I am nice and tired at night like I should be, but have trouble getting to sleep as early as I should - but it is improving.

Had a nice day here. Got up early and got a pot of chili going, then spent some time with Jacob while my wife ran some errands as Kyleigh napped. Then I took Jacob with me on work errands - picking up uniform stuff, things for the dog & all that. It let me get the stuff done today, plus let him spend time with me which he always loves. Then it was time to drop him off, go feed & clean the dogs at the kennel, and come home in time for family time & dinner - after all, Kyleigh wasn't going to miss HER daddy time either, and let me know it!

We got the kids to bed, did some simple household stuff, and I enjoyed a quiet evening in the living room as my wife got the chance to unwind as well before she went to bed. Now I'm going to hang out for a little bit myself & then off to bed.

Domestic quiet, sorry nothing more to report today... but I'm alright with it.

No comments: