“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”


"This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people . . . better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." ~ Captain Malcom Reynolds

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Wednesday already?

Just realized the week is moving by pretty quick, which is a nice thing... Of course, being tired & sick is probably why it's somewhat blurry. Just fighting off a bit of a cold, not surprising given the kids and wife both being a bit ill lately. But it had me worn down enough to head home early today; besides which I had some hours to adjust out (heaven forbid we get overtime).

It actually worked out nicely for my wife, who had an old friend in town - it let them chat while I helped with Jacob, and then they ran out and did a bit of shopping together while I attempted to get him to nap... but at least it took some of the stress off of her trying to manage both the munchkins along with entertaining.

Then I did up some chili & cornbread for everyone to enjoy as a dinner and finally got the wee ones off to bed... now I'm just hoping for a few hours of non-social quiet time to let my head ease up some, and hope that I'm more up to things tomorrow...

No comments: