“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”


"This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people . . . better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." ~ Captain Malcom Reynolds

Saturday, February 2, 2008

...

Frak, it's cold! I mean, not bitter outside, but dang inside the house and office it isn't fun. Crappy old insulation and a lazy person (me) who is slow in getting house projects done. I'm going to have to get a blanket for my feet I guess, since the socks ain't helping!

On the other hand...

My goddaughter and her family came to visit today, which was fun for all involved - although it did put Jacob into full madness mode, which led to a few rough moments for him. But the kids all enjoyed themselves and that's what counts. He also won the quote of the day award, for when we're all sitting at the dinner table:

"Amanda and I are going up to sleep in my bed now."
followed by gales of laughter, and the poor kids had no reason why.

I swear, I don't teach him this stuff - right now I'm being accused of it being genetic though!

**

I made a fresh batch of venison/buffalo chili for the visit, which everyone agreed turned out right nice. Along with some cornbread of course - and yet again, I'm reminded why I love the cast iron cookware for such things. Somehow it just helps it all come together better.

Off to do some more school reading, and then enjoy some sushi and a beer or three. Ya'all have fun now.

No comments: