“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”


"This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people . . . better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." ~ Captain Malcom Reynolds

Friday, February 1, 2008

another night, another brief entry

Came home on Wednesday morning to find my keyboard and mouse dead. *sigh* So much for that Microsoft product. Then Wednesday night was full of a long meeting (3 hours that could have been done in 30 minutes), plus had a night of running around with a new recruit on calls that took time but weren't overly productive. So it wasn't until today I could run out and pick up replacements for both.

Went back to Logitech - so far pleased with the new choices, except that I had to get a wired Trackball instead of my preferred wireless. Unfortunately it isn't playing nice on a few things, so think I'll have to tweak it tomorrow - have a feeling it's a confusion between wired & wireless products working at the same time, but we'll see.

Still nothing great at work worth sharing - the dry spell continues but I have hopes for February turning out well if I can dig into the right things.

On the other hand, my children gave me incredible smiles and laughter today, and I have a life I never dreamed of... so I certainly am not complaining!

No comments: