“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”


"This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people . . . better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." ~ Captain Malcom Reynolds

Monday, February 4, 2008

Back in the groove

*cue horrible attempt to dance*

OK, last night was finally somewhat productive, and I felt like I got some of my touch back. Started out with a nice little suspended catch with a couple of other things - he got to go home on a summons for winning the honesty award with me, as opposed to playing games and bs'ing me. I do tend to appreciate that.

Then had a lovely little DUI - the guy pretty much did everything he could to get my attention and arrest him, short of driving up to my car with handcuffs already on... It would have gone a lot faster, except that last night was drunk and stupid night (might have had something to do with a certain sporting event), so the jail was a bit backed up... Still not complaining, and nice to feel like I know what I'm doing again.

Only took a mid-length nap when I got home, since I have to be up all day tomorrow - I counterbalanced it though by a trip to the grocery store and some careful shopping. Since the weather was nice and warm today I fired up the grill, got a 2" thick ribeye and put a lovely selection of dry spices on it for a rub, and reminded myself why I love cooking outdoors. I can think of worse meals during the middle of the week.

Depleted Cranium has an interesting discussion of the environmental movement up here... worth reading and considering no matter what your viewpoint.

Off to do some schoolwork, see what random thoughts I can scramble together for this next paper.

No comments: