“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”


"This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people . . . better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." ~ Captain Malcom Reynolds

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Blinded by the dark...

in one of this week's occurrences...

Ended up having to deal with a slightly off-her-meds woman the other night who decided to have her issues at 6am when everyone was getting off. Since the original call came in a bit more exciting we ran to it hoping to get my guy some experience on something good.

It was good alright.

I should have sensed the trend when she answered the door. In only panties. All 350+ pounds of her. If I'd had the slightest idea, I would have turned and run.

Anyway, after a five- minute fight to get her to at least pull a shirt on, we then went into the half-hour of figuring out what was actually going on. Then of course we have to arrest her due to the situation. Then we get to walk her down the hall and down the stairs.

That took 20 minutes for our queen of fitness and sobriety.

Then into the car for the ride - fortunately I had an emergency blanket left, so I wasn't completely scarred for life.

Finally we get to the jail & start that process. Which involved the deputies finding clothes for her, for the safety of both her and everyone else... plus trying to get her medically cleared & figure out how much help she needed separate from the criminal stuff... plus the normal dealing with an arrest at a shift change joy.

And the whole time she's acting like clothes are a burden, which amuses the other prisoners while we all have to deal with it.

Just another night in town.... what can you do.

No comments: