“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”


"This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people . . . better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." ~ Captain Malcom Reynolds

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Two new ones

The rest of the family is still sick, so I spent my day taking care of the littlest one, and having quiet time sorting files on the computer since I could do that at the same time - so nothing thrilling to share.

On the other hand, got to enjoy two new beers from Left Hand Brewing this weekend. The first one last night was the Smoked Goosinator Doppelbock Lager. This is the first time I can recall trying a doppelbock, but I definitely enjoyed it - plus I have so far liked all their smoked offerings. Nice and cloudy with a good chunk at the bottom to be mixed in as well. So yes, a different flavor than my normally preferred IPA's but a good winter change.

Tonight I'm trying the Warrior IPA for the first time - another great offering. Hoppy goodness and a full-sized bottle so you get more than just a glass to enjoy.

Left Hand pretty much continues to rock in my opinion, don't think I've had a bad offering from them yet - so they're a good starting point if any of you are looking to expand your beer horizons.

On a dayshift schedule this coming week, so not sure what my posting will look like. Still going to try keeping up with things even though no one is paying attention yet...

No comments: