“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”


"This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people . . . better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." ~ Captain Malcom Reynolds

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Another beer

Lagunitas Brewery, with the "sneak release" of their Undercover Investigation Shut-Down Ale. Described as an especially bitter ale, it definitely is flavorful and a joy to drink. The alcohol level is a 9.28%, so significantly higher than the tripe you get at 7-11 and thus be warned... but wow, what an enjoyable beer for me on this cold winter night. No particular flavors or tones are jumping out that I can describe, not like a porter or stout - just like it says, a perfect bitter ale to sit back and sip for a while.

We had some nice snow yesterday, but nothing that stuck around unfortunately. It still gave Jacob a chance to get out and play for a bit which he always loves. Other than that my day was spent on school and family, and no excitement to report from any portion of things. I'm on dayshift this week for some training, so that's going to mess with my whole schedule.

I hope that all of your days were as quiet and comfortable.

No comments: