“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”


"This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people . . . better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." ~ Captain Malcom Reynolds

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Still alive

Past couple of days kept catching up with me, thus the lack of posts... fortunately the week is over now, and I can readjust to my normal hours.

The family is finally getting over their respective colds, which will help things immensely... I thought I was catching it, but (knock knock) appear to have dodged at the very end...

Finished up the first week at the range with this group, they'll get a break before the next session. Most of them are coming along well, but there are a few with issues - nothing surprising, it's the law of averages. I just hope we can either straighten them out, or else that the academy staff gets rid of them. A constant problem these days (for most agencies) is people slipping through the training that just don't have what it takes... it's a liability for everyone concerned, and I wish I knew the fix.

Busy day tomorrow. Taking my son & the nephews/niece to see the new Veggie Tales movie, which they will all love... then have to run some errands, plus taking myself to the gunshow for a bit of toy shopping... don't plan anything major, but you never know. Plus I need to start my school term tomorrow night, so that will give me something to do.

Anyway, hopefully something more interesting soon. Adios for now.

No comments: