“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”


"This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people . . . better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." ~ Captain Malcom Reynolds

Saturday, October 22, 2011

People still baffle me

I love our local community cleanup days - a chance for folks to stack unwanted trash by the curb so that it can be picked up by the County & recycled/disposed of as appropriate. Great way to do some spring/fall cleaning, and saves on multiple trips and extra fees for everyone. You can always tell which neighborhoods have it going on as the piles grow over a couple of weeks then disappear in one efficient day. And it can be interesting to see the things people throw out.

But a live hand grenade.... really folks?

Yes, I spent several hours of my daughter's birthday today dealing with this very thing. Fortunately no injuries, and more importantly it didn't interrupt any of her festivities.

4 comments:

Phelps said...

Is it wrong that the first thing I thought was how much black-market value they just tossed into the trash?

Melissa said...

Did you get to 'dispose' of it at the range later?

Captain Tightpants said...

Yes I thought about how much some people would have paid...

and yes, we blew it up before I came home.

DaddyBear said...

Aw crap, now I remember what I was supposed to do today.